If you want to become a mobile app developer, the best approach is to jump in and start doing it.
After all, what companies want to see are the mobile apps you’ve developed. But there is a lot more to being a mobile app developer than just coding. Whether you’re developing for iOS, Android, or even a mobile gaming platform, there are similar requirements for success. These can include:
- Brainstorming and planning your app or game
- Knowing how to create a user interface
- Being familiar with the underlying principles of common programming languages
- Having strong general computing skills, including database management and security
- Being adaptable and eager to learn new technology
- Using analytical skills to determine users’ needs and design an app to suit them
Mobile Application Developers create software for mobile devices
The latest mobile devices and applications are changing the way we communicate, game, do business, and access news and entertainment. This change is making Mobile Application Development one of the most demanded and fastest growing IT careers for 2014.
Mobile Application Developers learn how to use logic, planning and programming to prepare an application or game. It’s important to understand the fundamentals of how a computer processes commands before a mobile app developer begins to program for a specific operating system (a.k.a mobile platform), such as Google’s Android or Apple’s iOS.
App Development and Programming Development Environments
|Unity 3D Game Engine||UnityScript|
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: South Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
App Development I - $65.00
App Development II - $65.00
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
Typical day-to-day duties and in-demand skill sets for mobile application developers include:
- Mobile developers are fluent in object-oriented programming languages
- Mobile developers are able to learn new languages quickly and adapt to new environments rapidly
- Mobile application developers code, test, debug, monitor, and document changes for mobile applications
Business Professionals of America
Central Ohio Technical College