Agricultural Science prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices. Agriculture is Ohio’s largest industry, and booming across the nation as a whole. Always evolving and adopting new technology, the demand for young people with agricultural knowledge is through the roof. Enrolling in DACC’s Agricultural Science program puts students on the right track for higher education and career success.
This program is designed for students to build upon their experiences in and out of the classroom. Students have the opportunity to hone specific skills through nationally recognized competitions, build leadership principles at state and national gatherings, and jump start careers through supervised projects.
These are not the days of straw hats and bib overalls. Students are immersed in the science and technology of an on-the-move industry when they enroll in DACC’s Agricultural Program at Buckeye Valley and Big Walnut middle and high schools.
Big Walnut Agriculture Science Instructor
555 Old 3C Highway
Sunbury, OH 43074
Buckeye Valley Agriculture Science Instructor
901 Coover Road
Delaware, OH 43015
Buckeye Valley Middle and High School
Big Walnut Middle and High School
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Plant and Animal Science
- Animal Anatomy and Management
- Food Crop Technology
- Global Food Business
Multiple classes fulfill advanced science requirements for graduation
- Access to scholarships: Nearly $3 million through FFA alone
- Bring math and science to life in this application-based environment
- Graduates sought after by employers
- Preparation for Ohio’s #1 industry
- The instructor can help you search for a job
- Handheld computers
- Spatial Management Software
- Various technology to determine benefits for food production
Hands On Opportunities:
There are opportunities to gain hands on experience in many interesting areas including:
- Precision Agriculture Technology
- Animal Physiology
- Plant Genetics
- International Business
Who Takes Agricultural Science?
- Theater Members
- FFA Superstars
Members come from the suburbs of Powell to the rural areas of Morrow County. They look forward to futures in engineering, technology, business, science, and farming.