This career pathway will allow you the chance to experience working in a full-service, interactive salon, providing you with advanced training much earlier than others on the same career path.
Interpersonal skills collide with technology to create a profession that provides valuable services.
In your second year, you will be given the opportunity to begin working with clients from the community. You will evaluate, recommend and create hair designs and deliver a wide range of skin care and nail treatments using advanced techniques.
Not only will you begin this valuable training earlier than others in this industry, you will save money in the process. Comparable costs to private sector beauty schools include:
- $20,000 for schools inside or close to a major metropolitan city like Columbus for full cosmetology programs
- $15,000 for the same type of program in a rural area for private sector schools
- $3,000 - $5,000 to become a certified Esthetician or Nail Technician
- $1,000 per 100 hours for a Cosmetology degree
The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology licenses this 2-year program.
(740) 203.2239 | AmesR@DelawareAreaCC.org
1610 State Route 521 | Delaware, OH 43015
To ask more questions about any program or to schedule a tour of our campuses, contact us at (740) 201-3216 or LinkM@DelawareAreaCC.org.
Location: North Campus
Grade Level: Juniors and Seniors
2017/2018 Lab Fees:
Cosmetology I - $815.25
Cosmetology II - $273.50
See breakdowns for individual fee costs, including additional fees not covered in the cost listed above:
Fees can be paid using PayForIt.net. You can create your account and pay your fees beginning August 10th.
- Hair cutting
- Hair styling
- Hair coloring
- Skin care and facial waxing
- Chemical relaxing
- Perming - chemical texturizing
- Scalp care and braiding
- Nail care with manicures and pedicures
- The business of customer service
- Attend field trips to hair shows
- Learn from frequent guest speakers from the industry
- Get real-world experience by working with the public
- Earn up to 3 college credits
- You will be a step ahead by preparing for the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology Licensure Exam
- University of Akron
- Hocking Technical College
Earn up to 3 college credits
Ohio State Board of Cosmetology
- U.S. Citizen (social security number or tax identification number required according to the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology)
- Full day student at DACC
- Attendance - 15 excused/unexcused cumulative (prior school year and up until application is submitted for the current school year) days. *Extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis if notified in advance.
- Preference will be given to students who have successfully completed Algebra I, Anatomy, Biology, and Chemistry
You will be prepared for immediate employment in a salon/day spa, advanced licensure, and further education.
“The Career Center gave me the knowledge and experience I need to major in business at Columbus State and eventually open my own salon.”
"The Career Center has provided me with the knowledge and skills I will need to succeed in the cosmetology field. Going to the Career Center offers opportunities for further growth, with lots of learning potential. The experiences I’ve acquired have helped me get a jump start on finding a career that’s just right for me."
- Ariel Sansone
"I really enjoy coming to class and being with people who have the same interests that I do. We immediately have something in common. After graduation, I want to get my manager's license and become a stylist in the modeling industry."
- Alexis Spiers