DACC Summer Camp
This 3 day summer camp is a great way to explore your career options, meet other students with similar interests, and participate in fun, hands-on projects.
June 6th - 8th
9:00am - 2:00pm
Current 6th - 8th grade students
Limited number of seats per camp
Registration will open on March 17th.
**Links and detailed camp descriptions will be posted below for each individual camp.
Out-of-district registration will open April 17th.
Registration deadline will be May 15th.
- Explore the mechanics and technology of today’s automobiles using modern tools and equipment
- Design and build a 3 dimensional image using wood, metal, and air brush techniques
- Use modern tools and equipment in the Auto Collision lab
- Design, build and race your own CO2 powered land speed racer
- Take part in racing competition to determine the fastest racer
Hands-on Science Camp (North Campus)
This camp is now full
- Build a working marble roller coaster!
- Explore forensic science including fingerprints, tooth marks, and learn how experts solve crimes!
- Perform lots of hands on science experiments to explore the world around us!
- Explore several areas including Nursing, Phlebotomy, and Emergency Services
- Tour a health & wellness campus and talk to industry experts
- Practice “Hands-On” medical skills, such as sterile technique, wound care, CPR, First Aid, blood typing, and lab procedures
IT Networking Camp (South Campus)
This camp is now full
- Learn about the Internet of Things (IoT) which is predicted to have 50 billion connected things by 2020
- Use a Raspberry Pi computer and Arduino microcontroller
- Use Python, and Wyliodrin along with other programming languages in a cloud based Prototyping Lab
- Use a breadboard to build electronic circuits
- Use several different types of electronic sensors and actuators to build both open and closed loop systems
- This camp can open your mind to some of the possibilities that exist for you in a career in Information Technology
Robotics Camp (South Campus)
(This camp is now full)
- Introduction to Robot Construction
- Plan, Design, Redesign, and Build VEX Robot (in Teams)
- Take part in robot challenges and competitions
Please note that due to construction, the south campus accessible from Glenn Parkway or via Ohio Health Boulevard. The main entrance is in the rear of the building. Please see our map for details.