On April 28th, seven area students were awarded at the annual Delaware County Career Passport Recognition Breakfast. Each student receives a $250 cash award from their sponsoring organization and a plaque from the Delaware County Career Development Program.
The Career Passport is an individualized exit credential prepared by all the graduates of Big Walnut, Buckeye Valley, Delaware Area Career Center, Delaware Hayes, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, and Olentangy High Schools. One student from each school is chosen to be recognized by a panel of over twenty judges. These volunteer judges consist of community members, area businesses, Rotarians, and educators.
Components of a Career Passport include:
- A letter of introduction from the school administrator
- The student’s resume
- Validation of performance – an outline of the student’s career goals and a plan to achieve those goals
- Evidence of student skills
- Verification of employability skills
- Suggested additional components, such as a letter of recommendation and a school profile
The Career Passport is intended as a summary of a student’s achievements in high school and a blueprint for the immediate future. Students are encouraged to use their Career Passport in employment, college admissions, and scholarship interviews to help the interviewer get a more complete picture of the student’s background.
The 2017 Winning Students Are:
- Julie Foreman, Big Walnut High School. Sponsored by the Big Walnut Chamber of Commerce.
- Elise Schneller, Buckeye Valley High School. Sponsored by Willow Brook Christian Communities.
- Emilee Bright, DACC & Westerville North High School. Sponsored by Ohio Living Sarah Moore.
- Carter Davidson, Hayes High School. Sponsored by Delaware Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Allison Martin, Olentangy High School. Sponsored by Manos, Martin & Pergram Co., LPA.
- Allison Butterman, Olentangy Liberty High School. Sponsored by The Greater Powell Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Cheryl Botchway, Olentangy Orange High School. Sponsored by Delaware County Bank and Trust Company.