SOURCES of FUNDING and HOW to APPLY
Financial aid is available through several sources for qualified individuals. Each source of aid has its own specific guidelines concerning eligibility.
- Veterans Administration (VA)- Veterans can log onto the web site at www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) to check their eligibility and to apply. These benefits are available for Basic Peace Officer, Firefighting 240, and EMT. For other VA questions please call 1-800-827-1000.
- Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) - Disabled persons may qualify for training monies. DACC works with Ohio Rehabilitation Services (BVR) to assist qualified individuals with funding. Call 1-800-430-6940 to get started.
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) – WIOA provides funding for the unemployed, underemployed, single parent, economically disadvantaged, dislocated worker and other special needs individuals. To apply, call or visit the Ohio Means Jobs Office in your county:
Delaware County One-Stop Center
140 N. Sandusky Street
Columbus-Franklin County Ohio Means Jobs
111 East Broad Street, Suite 201
Union County-Marysville Ohio Means Jobs
Call 937-645-2018 or visit:
Ohio Means Jobs - Morrow County
- Assistance for dislocated workers (TRA/TAA/NAFTA) - Assistance is available to dislocated workers whose jobs have been sent overseas or were lost due to foreign competition. Contact the One Stop or Ohio Means Jobs Office in your county—see above.
- State of Ohio Vocational Training Vouchers - We accept training vouchers from employees of the State of Ohio through the Union Education Trust. For more information and to request a training voucher: Call 866-436-7900 or Email͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢͢: email@example.com
Please note: In an attempt to keep tuition costs at a minimum, DACC has chosen to not participate in Title IV financial aid programs such as Pell Grants and Federal Student Loans. However, you may be asked to complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid for purposes of other funding sources. If so, complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.
Our Adult Education Staff can guide you through the confusing world of VA benefits and the various other programs available to you. Call: 740-201-3222.