This course consists of classroom work from the IFSTA Sixth Edition and hands-on training covering fire behavior, personal protective equipment, safety, ladders, extinguishers, fire department tools and equipment and much more. Upon completion of this course, individuals will be required to pass an on-line test for the State of Ohio, Department of Public Safety in order to receive their certification. The test is proctored and administered at our facility. This training is the minimum training to become a volunteer firefighter. Individuals must be in good physical condition and be 18 years of age.
- Includes fire gear, breathing apparatus, and workbook.
- The IFSTA Sixth Edition will be loaned out for the length of the class.
- If you wish to purchase the book, it will cost an additional $106.95
- Students are welcome to use their own fire gear and SCBA
- A deposit of $106.25 is required for this course and will be deducted from your total balance due. The deposit must be received 15 days prior to the first day of class to secure placement in this course.